Press esc – settings – keybinds. (Press help to minimize the bar of you want keep it on screen)
When you have something picked up in the inventory or a chest screen you can drop 1 item at a time into a slot by clicking the middle mouse button.
With this you can make custom stack sizes. If a NPC requires 3 coffee bean, you can then make a stack of 3 and give this stack to the NPC.
- To move around: Use WASD or the arrow keys. Press shift once to keep running. Press again to stop running.
- To interact: With chests, Anvil, Cauldron … stand in front and press spacebar.
- Using magic: Press »O » or middle mouse button to cast. Use scroll wheel or 1-9 to select a spell.
- Consuming food and equipping gear: Highlight item in inventory and press “enter ».
- Cycle trough inventory: Press 1-8 to select Tools/items in those slots.
Saving the Game
At 2:00 AM the game will automatically force a save if you have not already gone to bed.
If you do not fall asleep before this time, you will not recover magic, health, and stamina properly.
- Spring – Flower
- Summer – Sun
- Autumn – Leaf
- Winter – Snow Flake
Current Gold Amount
The “!” mark. This is your quest log.
If it is after midnight, it will also show a warning to get to bed soon.
- Watering can: Refill by standing close to water and left click on a water tile
- Axe: Chop trees and stumps by moving the mouse onto a tree and hold left click.You may need to upgrade the axe to cut larger stumps. (Iron)
- Shovel: Till soil by left clicking sand, grass cannot be tilled. Can also dig up little pink worms to obtain loot, including bugs.
- Pickaxe: Mine rocks by holding the mouse onto a rock and hold down left click. Can also mine furniture/machines so that you can remove it and place it elsewhere. You will need to upgrade this to mine larger rocks. (Iron)
- Scythe: Use to cut grass and fibres. Use to harvest crops when inventory is full. Left click.
- Fishing rod: Used for fishing. Left click to cast at a fishing spot (circling fish in the water). Can buy upgrades at Harper’s store on the beach. Can use use bait and lures as well (press enter to equip them). Better rods and fishing level will allow you to more easily catch rare fish and bugs. Press spacebar on the green part of the bar.
- Net: Unlocked with level 5 fishing. Allows you to catch bugs; butterflies in over world and rollie pollies in dungeon.You can also catch some fish in Atlantis.
A suggested priority list is to upgrade your pick axe to mine the large rocks, then upgrade your fishing rod and axe. You can skip the watering can (sprinklers are unlocked earlier on) and shovel. The scythe does not upgrade.
Interactions in the home
- Janus can reveal one item a npc likes by spying on them, pay him with a Moonstone, found in the dungeon, looks for rocks with purple crystals sticking out.
- The little round mirror in your house, Janus, tells you everyday a recipe that will unlock it.
- Food recipes are also given at the end of quest lines or heart events, direct to your mailbox.
- You will also get mail about upcoming events.
- You need to upgrade your house once (via Katya) to get a kitchen and a fridge (chest).
- Everything put in here is accessible when cooking, which is also unlocked now.
- Upgrade your house a second time to add a kids bedroom.
- Bathroom mirror: Lets you alter your avatar.
- Shower: Refills stamina and health gauges a bit.
- Wardrobe: Purchase this from Katya to change you clothing anytime (when using the wardrobe)
- Catalogues:Purchase these from Katya to have access to all walls, floors, and decorations from her shop. They are free.
- Sewing Machine: Received from George after his heart events. Allows you to create special outfis.
Selling and Clearing Inventory
You can sell items in shops, at your farm (the grey machine to the right of your door, will take a few days for installation), or at the cooler on the beach.
To sell to a vendor, select the item while in the shop menu and use the right mouse button.
You can only sell one item at time both ways.
- The grey box that gets installed in the first few days.
- You can only sell here, not buy.
- Highlight the item(s) you want to sell in your hot bar, and left-click on the vendor box with the mouse. A single instance of the item will vanish and you should see money added to your wallet.
- Use middle mouse button to sell an entire stack.
- For those who want to complete the collection list: only items sold through the vendor box count towards completing the collection. Sell all items on the list once. Check the list with « V »
Getting Rid of Items
Right click on item to hold it.
- Move mouse away from inventory and left click and it is dropped on the ground.
- You can also drag items to the white bin to the upper left of your inventory to trash the item. It will not appear on the ground.
Stores typically are open 10-3 every day aside from Saturday.
- Toad King is available all hours.
- Katya closes early on Tuesdays and Thursday at 1PM.
- If you are friends with a shop owner, and they are not in the building, you can access the store menu by interacting with the counter. This is not available for all transactions, such as buildings, livestock, and upgrades.
Located under archway
- Sells seeds according to season.
- Sells trees which bear fruit per season but will grow all year.
- Sells cooking supplies.
- Sells 2 upgrades to your backpack. Located at the back of the store.
- You can sell things here.
- George and Camilla’s house is in the back right.
- The rest of the store is decoration.
Located down and right from the hopscotch, a house with a red roof like a Mushroom
- Sells herbs and flowers according to season.
- Catnip and bay leaf are year round.
- Sells furniture.
- Does house upgrades. Bring all necessary items (each in their own stack single stack).
- Builds farm buildings. Bring all necessary items (each in their own single stack)
- This is also Katya’s house. Her bedroom is upstairs, and Sophie’s is to the right.
Located to the far left, turn directly after coming down from the ladder
- Sells Ores.
- Has free basic tools.
- Sells weapons and armor blueprints, not the gear itself.
- Upgrade tools here. Bring necessary items (in one stack) and the tool.
- Tip: If you upgrade a tool, it takes 3 days.
- When you are eligible, you can crafts an engagement ring, if applicable.
- This is also Hudson’s home. His bedroom is to the right.
Go down the path south of your farm
Vendors: Natalie and Phoebe.
- Sells farm animals.
- Sells tools and equipment for caring for and harvesting from animals.
- Sells different kinds of fertilizer.
- Phoebe’s room is to the left.
- Natalie’s room is to the right.
Located at the beach, go south past the tavern
- Sells rods, hooks, bait and a very small selection of fish.
Location in the Forest
Trader: King Toad.
- Trades marsh frogs and toads for items, they must be in a single stack.
- Catch these at the water where he resides by fishing.
- When buying crops it doesn’t say how long it takes to grow.
- Instead, buy one and it will show you that in your inventory.
- Then you can sell it back, no money lost, no time lost, due to time being paused while in shop menus.
- Crops grow according to season.
- Except for the Greenhouse, or using pots in your house (quest/event reward).
- Dig brown farming dirt at your farm.
- Select seeds from your hot bar to plant them.
- Water the daily, you can skip when it rains.
- In the morning, pests such as deer and crows will eat your crops. Approach them to drive them away.
- You can use scarecrows, certain statues, and certain fertilizer to keep them away.
- Walls do not deter pests.
- Plants are harvestable when they sparkle. All can be harvested by hand, unless your inventory is full, then you will need a scythe
- Crops can be normal, bronze, silver, or gold quality.
Will remain on tilled soil indefinitely until it disappears. If a tilled soil tile disappears, the effect of the fertilizer does too. Keep the soil watered. You can only use one kind of fertilizer on the same tile.
- Quality and superior fertilizer, improve quality of crops.
- Hydrophilic fertilizer, chance to stay watered.
- Speedpro fertilizer, increases plant growth by 50%
- Anti pest fertilizer, keep deer and crows from eating your crops.
- Flower pots. Unlocked by having your first heart moment with Camilla.
- Greenhouse. Unlocked by donating specific bugs to the museum. See that section in the Puzzle and Quest Guide for a list.
Smelting Bars, and Weapons/Armor
Unlocking the Furnace
You will unlock the furnace after completing level 5 of the dungeon. You will find ore and coal in the dungeon. For now, use your axe, pickaxe, or fireball spell for protection.
Using the Furnace
Put 5 ore in with one coal. (The ore must be selected in the hot bar, but the coal can be in your inventory).
After some time, you will get a bar of metal.
Unlock the Anvil
You will unlock your anvil after level 3 mining.
Crafting Weapons and Armor
Get blacksmith blueprints from Hudson’s shop. He sells weapons and amour blueprints. Use the blueprint in your inventory to learn it.
Bring the required material in your inventory and use the anvil to craft your desired piece.
Other Weapons and Armor
Later in the game, you will be able to craft other weapons and armor with the cauldron and the blood altar.
Stand in front, press spacebar
- Using it will require to craft “mortar and pestle” first for some recipes. Hold the latter in your inventory, no active slot required.
- Used to craft magic items, gear and potions.
50 fiber, 5 copper, 10 Elderwood, 1 iron bar.
Passively gathers bait fro you.
40 wood, 25 stone, maple syrup, iron Bar
Produces honey and honey comb passively. Does not need to be near plants.
50 Wood, 2 Copper Bar
Turn cow or goat milk into butter.
5 copper bars
Makes magical items.
40 wood, 2 copper
Turn wood into coal.
40 stone, 3 copper bar, 10 coal
Put 5 fiber and 1 bug in to make fertilizer.
- Purple – quality
- Blue – hydrophilic
- Orange – superior
- Green – speedgro
- Pink – antipest
25 stone, 15 copper
Turn clay into path, quartz into refined quartz, and 5 ores + one coal into a bar of that metal.
Lightning, 99 stone, Gold Bar, Naslite Bar
Put gems inside to duplicate
5 iron bars, 10 slime, 1 refined quartz (any color)
Automatically collects lightning from storms.
60 Wood, 10 fiber, Resin
Turns wool into cloth.
30 wood, 10 elder wood, 3 iron bars.
Turns honey into mead, fruit into wine, hops into beer and corn into bourbon.
30 wood, 30 stone, 3 copper, 5 clay
Turns chicken egg into mayo, duck egg into duck mayo.
30 stone, refined quartz (any color), iron bar, 10 slime.
Put in any nut for nut butter.
30 stone, 10 slime, refined quartz (any color)
Turn vegetables, nuts, and sunflowers into generic oil. Turn truffles into truffle oil.
50 wood, 5 copper bar, 10 Elderwood, 25 stone.
Turn soy beans into tofu, cow milk into cheese, and goat milk into goat cheese.
50 wood, 25 stone, coal.
Turn any fruit into jam, any vegetable into a pickled vegetable, chili pepper into hot sauce, fish into fish sauce, and tomato into ketchup.
20 stone, 20 wood, iron bar
Turns trash into usable items.
Fish bones into bone meal.
Old boot into cloth
Rusted and crushed cans into copper ore.
Old bicycle wheel into iron ore.
30 wood, gold bar, earth essence
Turns a crop into 1-3 seeds, randomized.
30 wood, 2 copper bar
Place on trees to gather resin, maple syrup, and sap.
- You can only build one building at a time. This will take 3 days.
- As of now, you can build a building and upgrade your house at the same time.
- Upgrades to the barn and coop are done with no need to wait. But you will need to build each tier in order.
- Building the silo first will let you store oat, but it is not usable until you have an upgraded barn or coop, so it’s not necessary to have one before building the coop/barn and start raising livestock, unless you plan to clear out your farm early.
- The zombie mansion is advised for later game. You will need 50 brains to create a single zombie. When you have two zombies, they can reproduce.
Unwritten Lands and Related Info
The caravan appears in the forest every Friday and Saturday. You can travel once per day. Check the Puzzle/Quest Guide if you do not want to waste trips.
A new area will unlock with a new season. You can complete them as they unlock or when the last one unlocks. It does not matter story-wise.
To leave on these trips, you will need to give the caravan rations.
You can create rations from cooked food. You can cook food either in an upgraded house or over a campfire. The campfire is created in the craft menu.
Stand in front, press spacebar
- Let’s you cook raw meat, chicken and fish.
You can see the list of available spells. Press « TAB » to get your quest log open.
At the top of the book, there is a tab for « spells ». This shows all spells in the game, but does not indicate you know them.
How to use
Your spells are in the wheel above your hot bar. Use the middle mouse button or 9-0 to select and use the spell.
Some spells need to be unlocked via buildings or quests.
- Firebolt: Shoot a fire/water ball in a straight line.
- Teleportation: Teleport to the location where the mouse is pointing at the time of casting. Short distances only (including over water). Can go up cliffs. Don’t aim too close to an edge/ledge, you can get stuck.
- You need to unlock the ones below. Everything below Raise an Undead requires a Druid Circle to be built to cast.
- – Raise an undead: Summon a zombie, who will fight for you. Can be trained in the gym. Heart event
- – Care for livestock: You ‘pet’ all farm animals. Heart event
- – Cast rain: Summon rainy weather. Quest
- – Cast sunny day: Summon sunny weather. Heart event
- – Green thumb: Insta-grow plants to harvest able state.
Minions and Storage Pet
- Press ‘V’ to command ‘ stay ‘ or ‘ follow ‘.
- Press ‘ B ‘ to teleport him to your location.
- He can hold 30 stacks of items.